Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Llamas and Turkeys

I wanted to post all my thanksgiving day pictures up here, but I keep forgetting to download all my pics onto my laptop. I went home last weekend for Thanksgiving, and it was really great. My parents live about 80 kms north of Calgary on a little 10 acre farm just outside of a small town named Didsbury. I am sure that none of my readers have ever heard of it! Anyway, like I said, it was really nice visiting my family. The biggest surprise for me was all of the cats that are on my parents farm. They have over 10 cats at the moment. I guess they need all the cats to eat the mice. The cats don't actually live in the house, we keep them outside the garage / barn where they can catch and eat all the mice they can find. Besides cats, my parents also have three dogs, three llamas, and four miniature horses (pictures to follow). I had a lot of fun visiting all the animals. The minature horses are the best because they are so friendly.

After vising all the animals, I went to go and visit my grandmother in the hospital. She is almost 90 years old, and she is very frail, so she has to stay in the hospital all the time. She was really glad to see me. I was happy that she could remember who I was because sometimes she forgets.

After my Thanksgiving Day visit with my grandmother in the hospital, I went home and I ate a HUGE amount of turkey. I think I am still full, even though it is now Wednesday. Dinner was so great. We had stuffing, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey, carrots, cranberry sauce and bumble berry pie for dessert. It was so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned for pictures to follow!

2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

It's amazing that your parents have so many animals at home! It is a mini-zoo!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger mysteryviking said...

Wow, it sounds like you really had a great holiday at home! It's nice to stay with families, and...such a lot of animals!!:D
Wish your grandmother will be better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home