Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy Father's Day!


I'm soooooooooo exhausted today. It was Father's Day yesterday, and my mum and dad came over to my house to celebrate. It was great having my parents over, but the problem was that my house was incredibly messy, so I had to spend all day Sunday cleaning it. By the time I was finished cleaning the house, I was really tired. Then on top of being tired from cleaning the house, my parents arrived an hour early. I hadn't even begun cooking dinner. My parents were supposed to come over to my house at 6 pm, but they actually came over at 5 pm. Anyway, I made a big dinner for everyone. I cooked a lamb roast on the barbecue. It was delicious. I love lamb, even if I do feel bad sometimes for eating a baby sheep. I also made lots of vegetables. We had peas, carrots, zucchini, red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers, mushrooms, and potatoes. Yum. There were lots of vegetables left over after dinner, so maybe I over did it a bit. I guess the best part was the lamb, because that was all eaten. We ate the lamb in the traditional English style with mint sauce. It was really good!

My dad also gave me two presents yesterday. It was funny because I was supposed to give him a present, and instead he gave me some presents. I got a metal thing for holding wood for my fireplace, and I got an old map of London that my grandfather had brought over to Canada when he emmigrated from England. It's a really cool map, and my dad got it framed and everthing. If I remember, I'll take a picture and post it on my blog. Anyway, I really want to sleep now . . . but I have to go and mark essays. If I don't give my students their essays back tomorrow in class there might be a revolution!

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Do you buy Alberta Lamb? I have some friends who raise lambs and chickens on a small farm near Crossfield. I always buy at least half a lamb every fall.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger CCoder said...

Mmmmh... Lamb... Yummy.
I don't feel bad eating baby lambs. Do they feel bad while murdering and killing an entire grass family?... :-P

How old is that map your father gave to you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home