Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Welcome to a new semester!



So here we are at the beginning of a new semester. I can't believe that it is already my third semester at the University of Calgary. Fall, Winter, and now Spring. I think this is going to be a great semester. For one thing, the weather is perfect. I think it is going to be 29 degrees today. I love Spring. This year, I am determined to have a good garden. I have been going to garden centres every weekend, and so far I have planted two plum trees, four saskatoon bushes, a red currant, a black current, a white currant, a gooseberry bush, two different kinds of cherries, an arctic kiwi (the coolest one!), a whole bunch of raspberries, backberries, goldenberries, and 22 strawberry plants. I have also started a lot of vegetables too. I'm really excited about the fruit trees. I keep picturing myself eating plums right off the tree! However, even though I have been doing so much gardening lately, the best tree I have is my apple tree. It is huge! It is almost 100 years old. I love it so much, especially now because it is in blossom and the smell of apple blossoms in my garden is amazing. I can't wait to eat apples this fall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home