Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Saw a Moose!



Hi Guys!

How many of you have ever seen a moose? I saw one on the long weekend. It was so cool, and it was so close to me. I was on my way to Radium Hotsprings with my friend, and we stopped at the Paint Pots to go for a hike first. The Paint Pots are about half way down highway 93 on your way to Radium Hot Springs. They are natural mineral pools that are created by the high iron content in the mineral water. Anyway, while we were looking at the paint pots, suddenly a moose came into the clearing where the pools are located! I couldn't believe how close we were to the moose. I think it was a really young moose, and it wasn't really scared of us. I had forgotten how funny looking moose are. This moose had a huge nose. It was great. After the moose left the paint pots, we left too and kept going to the hotsprings. The hotsprings were great. The water was about 38 degrees and it felt really good after hiking in the mountains. However, I think it was the moose that made the whole trip worthwhile!

3 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

woo, cool!
the moose looks really huge!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger caleb said...

Wow~it's really a great experience! i only saw a moose in a zoo... Is there any beauties in hot springs? :D

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Tom said...

cool!!!i have not seen moose in Calgary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home