Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hello World!

I sure have been having a great couple of days so far this week. I have been substitute teaching for one of the other teachers in the LEAP program, and it has been great getting to know all of the students who are studying in level four in our English program. I hope they have been enjoying my classes! Anyway, it's over now, and it's back to normal for me . . .

It has been so hot in Calgary! It always amazes me when it gets to be above 30 degrees in Alberta. I never really associate Canada with hot weather. I have been dying at night because it is so hot. Luckily I have two fans that I blow onto my bed from different directions. I sort of lie in the crossfire of my fans and imagine myself sleeping inside of a fridge. It kind of helps. It is just that the fans are so noisy that I need to use ear plugs to block them out. It's too bad that Calgary can't be an even 20 degrees all year round. That would be awesome!

One thing I like about the summer is Calgary is the long evenings. I wonder if any of my students did anything special for the summer solstice. The sun didn't set until almost 10 pm. I celebrated by going to Banff and hiking up Tunnel Mountain. It was amazing to be out hiking at 9 pm with the sun still high in the sky.

Anyway, I am going to lie down in front of my fan now . . .

Stay cool!

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger caleb said...

You did a really excellent teaching job! i hope you can still teach my class sometimes for fun :)
The summer is crazy, eh?
thank you for your comments!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

our dorm faces west, so it's hot when the sun sets. what's worse, the sunset lasts so long!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Ha, ha! You are such a Canadian! I like the noise my fan makes because it helps block out other noise like my neighbor's hunting dogs and my other neighbor's deisel truck engine (he goes to work at 4 AM!)When I'm suffering in the heat, I try to think of myself as scraping off my car windshield at -40 in the winter. That cools me down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home