Wednesday, July 05, 2006





Here are some pictures from my trip to Vancouver! Can you believe that I drove all the way to Vancouver just for the weekend? Going to Vancouver was okay, but coming back was a bit tough. The trip back home took over 14 hours. In total, there and back, I drove over 2000 kms. Crazy eh? But it was totally worth it. Probably the best parts of my trip were the food. I ate soooo much sushi while I was there. Then I went crazy for bagels, rugelach (a kind of Jewish pastry), and smoked salmon. Yum. I got all that great stuff at the Granville Island Market. I also spent a lot of time on the beach. It was so hot, I couldn't believe I was in Vancouver. It was like I was in some sort of beach resort. I wish Calgary had a beach. I also was a bit overwhelmed by being in a "real" city. Sometimes I forget just how "small town" Calgary is. Especially my neighbourhood of Kensington. I was staying in the West End of Vancouver, and it is like 10 Kensingtons all put together. However, despite having a great trip, it's nice to be home . . . there were ESL students everywhere in Vancouver, and it made me homesick :-)

6 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Tom said...

The beaver looks so cute.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

nice haircut!
Did you lose weight?

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

haha, here comes another holiday - Stampede!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Azusa said...

Hi, Scott! Long time no see!
They're good scenes, aren't they? um~... I want to visit Canada while I'm in the US.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger daniel said...

Hello, Scott!! It looks like you're enjoying Canada! I already wanted to go to Canada and you made me wanna go even more because of the Bagles...Bagles are my favourite as well!!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

MMM bubble tea! Yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home