Sunday, November 06, 2005

My Presentations are Over!

It's Sunday, and I have finished the two presentations I had to make for the Alberta Teachers of English as a Second Language Conference. It's so great to be done. I can sympathize a lot more with my students now, because I really remembered this weekend how hard it is to prepare a presentation. I had two presentation topics. My first presentation was on Friday, and it was all about using blogs to help students learn English. I did my second presentation with Vicky. It was about using theme units to teach English at the University level. Almost 50 people came to hear the presentation I did with Vicky. I was so glad that so many people came to see us!

Anyway, after all those presentations, I really just wanted to relax today, so I drove out to Banff with a friend. The first thing we did was go to the hotspring in Banff. It was just what I needed after all the stress and tension from doing the presentations. I soaked in the hot water for almost an hour. At first, it was almost painful because the water was really hot - 40 degrees, but then I got used to it, and it felt great. It was cool, soaking in the hot water with the steam rising up into the air. It was the perfect day for a hotspring. It was bright and sunny, but cold. The hotspring in Banff is outside, and my hair was getting icy as I was sitting in the water. It was awesome!

After the hotspring, I ate lunch at Earle's, and then bought a new jacket at Roots. It's a nice warm fall jacket - I'll wear it to school to show everyone this week.

Anyway, I feel a lot better after my day in Banff :-)

1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Was that the blue jacket you wear today?
It looks nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home