Sunday, July 16, 2006

All Stampeded Out!






Yee Haw! Stampede is over . . . or at least it is almost over. Holy cow, I have eaten a lot of food over the last 10 days what with all the free pancake breakfasts and the awesome food on the midway. I went to the Stampede grounds on Friday after work to indulge in Stampede food for the last time. I started out with a flat iron grill steak. It was awesome! The steak came with barbecue beans, potatoes and garlic bread. It was the prefect start to my Stampede evening. The next thing I ate was some corn on the cob. I couldn't pass it up . . . for two reasons mostly. First of all, I felt like I needed some vegetables after all the meat and potatoes, and secondly, I have always loved corn on the cob - especially the ones at the Stampede. They are dipped in butter. Yum. Then it was dessert time, so naturally I had to have some more mini doughnuts with sugar and cinnamon. To wash it all down, I had a saskatoon berry lemonade. However, I didn't just go to the Stampede to eat . . . I also wanted to heard some great Country music so I went to the Nashville North Tent to hear Shania Twin. She basically sings covers of Shania Twain songs, and she was really good. While I was listening to Shania, I had a couple of Kokanes with my friends. It was a great time, but soon it was time to eat again! After Shania Twin was finished singing, we left Nashville North and I had some barbecue beef on a bun. The great thing about this beef is that it is slowly smoked using pure apple wood. It was heavenly.

Wow, I just looked at what I wrote, and I realised that I really ate a lot of food. I forgot to mention, I also had a cherry snowcone, and a Husky Slurpee (it was only a dollar in Weedickville, best deal at the Stampede). Eeep, my students are going to think that I have an eating problem!!! However, my post-Stampede diet starts on Monday!

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Well, Scott, the opportunities for us to behave ourselves are far too many and the chances to indulge are far too few. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home