Friday, July 28, 2006

One more week!

Well, there is only one more week of classes left, and then we are doing our final exams. When I think back to everything that we have been doing, I'm really surprised by how much we have covered. It's astounding!

I haven't really been doing much of anything lately. The only exciting thing that has happened recently is that my parent bought a new van. They now have a Dodge Caravan. It's really nice. My parents are planning on driving to Montreal for their 40th Wedding Anniversary, so they bought a new comfortable vehicle to make the drive. They figure it will take them five or six days to get to Montreal. My sister and I got them anniversary presents to match their trip. I bought my parents $400 worth of gas from Petro Canada. I gave them four $100 gas cards to use as they fill up across the country. My sister bought my parents $400 worth of hotel nights at Best Western Hotels. My sister's boyfriend even bought my parents a $40 gift card for Tim Horton's so that they can have coffee and doughnuts on the way.

The reason my parents are going to Montreal is because that is where they lived when they first immigrated to Canada (my parents are from England), and we still have lots of relatives there. In fact, my Granny lives there, and she is going to be 91 years old in December. I wish I could go with my parents to visit my Granny!

Anyway, my mum can to Calgary on Wednesday to show off the new van, and we went to Charlie Chan's Rice House in Kensington because it is close to my house. We had spring rolls, ginger beef, buddha's delight vegetables in spicy black bean sauce and chicken fried rice. It was so awesome! But we ordered too much food, which is a good thing, and I took it home with me and ate it the next day.

So that's my exciting life this week . . . stay tuned for more cool stuff!

5 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Wow! 40 years! Congratulations to them. I guess that makes you... really old. I hope they have a wonderful trip.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Uly said...

My Irish parents have just celebrated their 41st anniversary the other day! I cannt imagine to be with someone for such long time, but they are very lucky to find each other, as they say. Plz send my 'omedeto gozaimasu'(congratulations) to your parents. and it is very nice of you to give them presents:)
ciao,

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your parents must really love each other to be able to live together for 40 years as I do not think I can find a man who I can tolerate him for more than 2 years

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Western couples are more romantic than Chinese couples. but now, Chinese people are greatly influenced by western culture.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger welcome said...

Thanks for your support through the whole semester. I appericate all the comments that you gave me.
Keep it up! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home